At church today, it was said that every year is a blessing. After this was said, my aunt leaned over and said that this last year was definitely not a blessing. I then gave her a strange look. She said that way too much hurt had been caused this year for it to counted as anything close to a blessing.
It got me thinking. Yes, I know multiple people that have died this year. One in particular, my grandmother. I knew 2 people that killed themselves. I knew a little girl that died of Leukemia. My best friend's grandfather died. I knew of some people that almost died of attempted suicide or of serious illness. So, how could a year like this be taken as a blessing?
Well, I have grown to learn from everything that has hurt me. The death of Grandma. It brought me closer to God. Way closer than I used to be. I actually ended up being very happy for her.
I got to see some family members that I seldom get to see. I spent 1 week in Chicago. That was a learning experience. After that, I went to stay 3 weeks with my sister Crystal on the Western coast of the USA. It let me get closer to her and my cousin Teresa. It was an awesome time. I made new friends and learned things about others at choir camp during the summer. Over the school year, my friends left different impressions on me. Some good. A lot bad. But, that's okay. I know more now on how to mend those relationships or to back off more because they're not as good. Even this Christmas, I got to see Crystal, Teresa, my other sisters, and my mother. My sisters and mother stayed longer than they normally do. It was great to see them that long. I miss them. And, I want to get to know them better. We celebrated Christmas like we normally tried to do before when everyone would come to "Grandma's House." It was hard at times without her, but, it was the best that it could have been with every circumstance in place.
BUT, most of all about this year that made the blessing complete and in place is the gift of life. It was given to us and we should treasure it. No matter what problems there are, life is precious and a miracle. Just with that, a year is graced with a huge blessing. I am amazed at how many people don't take it as serious as it should be taken. Oh, well. You can't change other people. The only thing that you can change is yourself. I will definitely be trying to make it better this next year.
So, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everything that you wanted to accomplish was accomplished. And, that everything that you want to accomplish with the year to come, you strive to reach your goal. That is all... haha
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment